Loyalist College Research Ethics Board (REB) consists of faculty, staff and community volunteers committed to ensuring that research involving human participants meets the standards set forth by the Tri-Council Policy Statement on Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans.
If you are interested in learning more about the REB, the application process and key issues concerning research using human participants, check out this resource Research Ethics Board Presentation.
Please consider the following when submitting your application:
• Applications eligible for a Delegated Review will be received at any time, but depending on the availability of REB members, there is no assurance these reviews will be conducted before the next meeting of the Board.
• Applications not meeting the criteria for a delegated review will be held until the next Board meeting.
• Applications are reviewed according to TCPS 2 guidelines.
• If an application has been reviewed by the Board and modifications are required prior to approval being granted, the applicant may only re-submit the revisions twice before having to re-submit a full application. Re-submissions will adhere to original review timelines.
If you are planning to conduct research at more than one college in Ontario, Loyalist College will accept the Multi-Site Application Form for review.
• Karen Baker (Co-Chair), CPA CA, MBA, MA (Ed), Professor, School of Business
• May Haslam (Co-Chair), Community Member
• Karen Holder, PhD, Coordinator and Professor, Biosciences
• Jennifer Dupuis, Reference and Collection Development Technician, Library Service
• Nancy Stonelake, Community Member
• Jennifer Maracle, Director, Indigenous Services