The Applied Research and Innovation Office (ARIO) plays an important role at Loyalist College in supporting and developing the capacity for applied research and innovation, and providing resources and support for the functioning of the Research Ethics Board.
The mission of the Applied Research and Innovation Department supports the College’s strategic directions by:
- Supporting and furthering the development of inquiry, research and innovation activities at Loyalist College.
- Providing evidence, advice, and support for the development of appropriate research and innovation resources and infrastructure.
- Providing resources and support for Research Ethics Board functioning.
- Providing project management, liaise, and support for externally funded applied research projects.
- Networking with external partners and agencies in relation to applied research opportunities.
- Supporting evidence, data, and information collection and analyses for decision making, continuous quality improvement, and sustainability of high-quality student learning experiences, student services, and program relevance.
NEWS: NEW FUNDING FOR ONTARIO’S BIO-CLEANTECH SECTOR
As a member of the new, federally-funded Canadian Bio-Cleantech Applied Research Network (CBARN), Loyalist College is proud to support Canada’s transition to a green economy. Founded in partnership with Lambton College, Fanshawe College and Mohawk College, CBARN has received a $3-million investment from the FedDev Ontario Jobs and Growth Fund to support research and advancement in the bio-cleantech sector.
Learn more about CBARN.