The Applied Research and Innovation (ARI) Department plays an important role at Loyalist College in supporting and developing the capacity for applied research and innovation, and providing resources and support for the functioning of the Research Ethics Board.
The mission of the Applied Research and Innovation Department will support the College’s strategic directions by:
- Supporting and furthering the development of inquiry, research and innovation activities at Loyalist College.
- Providing evidence, advice, and support for the development of appropriate research and innovation resources and infrastructure.
- Providing resources and support for Research Ethics Board functioning.
- Providing project management, liaise, and support for externally funded applied research projects.
- Networking with external partners and agencies in relation to applied research opportunities.
- Supporting evidence, data, and information collection and analyses for decision making, continuous quality improvement, and sustainability of high-quality student learning experiences, student services, and program relevance.
If you are a Canadian manufacturer or business that can assist Canada in meeting the need for medical supplies, your help is needed. Click here for details.
NEW: COVID-19 RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
- Through its Exceptional Opportunities Fund, the Canada Foundation for Innovation is investing up to $2 million for projects supporting urgent needs for equipment, ongoing applied research, and technology development related to COVID-19. Deadline: September 15.
- For students: the Canada Student Service Grant provides post-secondary students and recent graduates with volunteer opportunities to help with the response to COVID-19 at Canadian not-for-profit organizations. Participants will be eligible to apply for grants of up to $5,000. Learn more at I Want to Help.