The Applied Research Centre for Natural Products and Medical Cannabis has equipment and expertise including;
- Research and Pilot Scale Supercritical CO2 and Solvent Extraction
- Sample preparation equipment (dryers, mills and homogenizers)
- Analysis equipment (HPLC, GC-MS, IR, etc.)
COMING SOON: 2021 will feature enlarged capacity for the Applied Research Centre, as our laboratory space expands to 5,100 square feet with $1.5M of new equipment, including a microfluidizer with the highest shear rates on the market, a state-of-the-art viscometer and a high capacity 1 mg readability balance.
Specialized beverage analysis services are also available, using an Anton Par Beverage Analysis System. We can also conduct on-site testing at your location. Some of our specific tests for craft brewers include:
- O2 & CO2
- Alcohol content
- Colour (ASBC or EBC)
- Turbidity (Haze)
- Real, original and apparent extract
- Alpha and beta acids (hops)
- Essential oils (hops)
Loyalist College: Collaborating with Craft Brewers
We can also support customized training opportunities in any of the above areas as well.