The Centre helps employers in the cannabis and the natural product sectors build and retain skilled workforces. Our training services for employers and partners include:
- Research methods
- Testing method and processes
- Quality assurance, compliance and GPP
- Lab skills and instrumentation
- Cannabis Applied Science graduates with experience work
on real-world projects.
- Workshops on industry topics – Funding Sources, Intellectual property
- The Centre works with its clients to secure government funding for its training services.
Loyalist supports educational training needs in the Natural Products and Medical Cannabis sectors by offering a suite of educational programs:
- Cannabis Applied Science (Post-Graduate Certificate)
- Biotechnology/Biotechnology – Advanced (Diploma/Advanced Diploma)
- Chemical Engineering Technician/Technologist (Diploma/Advanced Diploma)
- Environmental Technician/Technologist (Diploma/Advanced Diploma)
Loyalist also offers a short, intensive micro-credential ideal for job seekers and incumbent workers in the cannabis sector who are ready for entry-level industry training. The College’s new three-week Cannabis Career Launch program welcomed its first cohort of 12 participants on January 25, 2021. Focused on hands-on cannabis production, safety and workplace communication, the College’s SkillsAdvance Ontario (SAO) pilot project is free, includes a paid two-week industry placement and is funded in part by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.